Why prevent sexual violence against young children?
Young children are particularly vulnerable to sexual violence:
· They are dependent on adults to meet their needs.
· They don’t yet know the difference between right and wrong.
· They learn to trust and obey adults.
· They don’t recognize risky situations.
· They can’t always put into words what they are experiencing. We can prevent sexual violence against young children by teaching them simple, concrete concepts that are tailored to their stage of development.