The goal of the Marie-Vincent Interuniversity Research Chair is to develop cutting-edge expertise in Québec in the areas of prevention, screening and treatment for children and adolescent victims of sexual violence.
The Chair aims to:
- Increase knowledge in order to develop and evaluate specialized therapeutic services to improve their quality for victims and those in their environment;
- Provide specialized tools, such as practice guides or intervention protocols;
- Disseminate research results in order to further the development of practices and knowledge, and, in so doing, contribute to the continual development of expertise;
- Train the next generation to pursue the advancement of knowledge.
More specifically, the Chair’s research program includes four priority elements:
- Evaluation of the needs and abilities of children who are victims of sexual violence and of their families;
- Evaluation of therapeutic services provided by Centre d’expertise Marie-Vincent;
- Study of the various development pathways for children involved in situations of sexual violence;
- Evaluation of the various knowledge transfer modalities.