On May 11, the 12th edition of the Souper des CFO helped raise over $280,000 to support young victims of sexual violence. Presided by Charles Emond, President of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, the event returned after a two-year pandemic hiatus. More than 150 guests were on hand for this special evening where they enjoyed a 5-course gourmet dinner prepared by six CFO chefs paired up with top chefs.
Exploring a world of colours and tastes carefully devised by our CFO chefs, guests experienced a succession of sophisticated, distinctive and simply exquisite dishes!
The subdued and elegant ambiance created at Entrepôts Dominion provided a stunning backdrop that members of Montréal’s business community thoroughly enjoyed. Our generous hosts were chef and speaker Louis-François Marcotte and Marie-Vincent’s Head of Philanthropic Development Julien Sola.
Several members of the Marie-Vincent Board of Directors and campaign cabinet were also present to help recognize the commitment and great contribution of Charles Emond at the close of his year as President of our major fundraising campaign. A wonderful tribute video was shown, featuring members of the Marie-Vincent team from each of our services expressing their appreciation for his work. It was undoubtedly a very poignant moment for our outgoing President.
Between courses, three video portraits were also shown to highlight the generous contribution of three governors of the fundraising campaign, namely Alexandre L’Heureux, Julie Godin and Mark Mulroney.
This event was made possible thanks to our chef duos, the members of our organizing committee, our partners, our donors, the entire Marie-Vincent team and everyone in attendance that evening.
THANK YOU—TOGETHER, WE ARE BUILDING A PROTECTIVE COMMUNITY!
Our chef duos:
- François Boulanger of CGI and Rodrigo Flores of restaurant Les Enfants Terribles
- Simon Lauzier of Ivanhoé Cambridge and Helena Loureiro of restaurants Portus 360, Helena Montréal & Québec and Grelha Lisboa
- Martin Lebeau of Accedian and Maxime Gagné of L’École des métiers de la restauration et du tourisme de Montréal
- Natacha Garoute of Champion Iron and Rémi Brunelle of restaurant Monarque
- Emmanuelle Leclerc-Granger of Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group and Alexandre Gosselin of restaurant Chez Victoire
- Silvana Travaglini of Stella-Jones and Timothée Abelard of Maison Carrier Besson.
Members of the organizing committee
François De Broux | Scotiabank – Sonya Branco | CAE – Carl Gauvreau | Croix – Bleue – Richard O’Doherty | McCarthy Tétrault – François Thibault | Metro – Katia Marquier | Fednav